Welcome to Cassiobury Infant and Nursery School
Thank you for visiting our school website. I hope that it provides you with relevant and up-to-date information. It is a privilege to be the Headteacher of a high-achieving, forward thinking and dynamic school which enables all children to achieve.
At Cassiobury Infant & Nursery School we have developed a broad and balanced curriculum in order to prepare our children for their lives ahead in modern Britain. We are aware of the need to personalise our curriculum so that all children can aspire to be the very greatest they can be and support them in their journey through life.
We encourage our children to take risks with their learning by providing a safe environment where mistakes are viewed as learning opportunities and resilience is developed. Our warm and inclusive school has much to offer the children; including; a library, sports facilities and a Forest School. All learning is geared towards enriching a child’s spiritual, moral, cultural and social experiences.
Learning together, growing together; inspiring our children on their journey through life.
Our mission is to nurture our children into life-long learners, who are valued members of the community, by
providing a learning environment that challenges and promotes creativity and imagination through exploration.
Our vision of ‘Learning Together, Growing Together’ is at the heart of all we do. Each child is welcomed into our school as an individual with their own unique talents, abilities and personality. Our experienced, highly commited staff work hard to foster a co-operative approach in and out of the classroom; this ensures a consistent approach to teaching, learning and behaviour throughout the school. With mutual respect and consistently high expectations, we maintain a caring ethos in which every child is encouraged to become independent, enjoy learning and take risks in an atmosphere of safety and support.
STATEMENT OF AIMS
Our aims for the whole school community are to provide a safe, caring and stimulating learning environment where we learn together.
- Educate and equip our children with basic life skills that will prepare them to live in today’s changing and multi-cultural society.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum built on the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage, which includes opportunities for moral, social and spiritual development whilst recognising the importance of educating the whole child.
- Develop independence by offering choices and encouraging decision-making skills appropriate to the child’s temperament and stage of development.
- Develop a pattern of behaviour which encourages respect, tolerance and sensitivity for all members of the community.
- Motivate each child and adult to use their aptitudes, interests and abilities to fully develop their potential.
- Provide equal opportunities for all our community, irrespective of their gender, religion, disability, race or cultural background.
- Develop aesthetic awareness and the creative talents of everyone in our school community.
- Continue to monitor and review our teaching strategies and learning objectives in order to improve our effective teaching skills and develop school community learning.
- Develop an appreciation of the environment and the diversity of the wider world.
- Promote a positive partnership between school and the community.
- Motivate the school community to live a healthy life through our healthy school programme.
These aims are promoted by the whole school community.
The aims of the school are reflected in the willingness of the children to share, work collaboratively and support one another’s successes. They respect one another and are willing to accept responsibility for their self and others. The children display a caring attitude, show courtesy and self-control and have high self-esteem. Our children share the whole school commitment to high expectations in all areas of their personal development.
The Governing Body at Cassiobury Infant & Nursery School has worked tirelessly over recent years to help ensure that our school gives the best education it can to the children and families it serves. They challenge the School to maintain its ‘Outstanding’ status. All parents and staff are automatically members of Cassiobury Schools’ Association (our PTA). I invite you to get involved with this vibrant aspect of our school community.
Your views are important to the school and we welcome these in order to continually improve. If you have any questions which are not answered by the website please contact the school office.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website.
Mrs Charlotte Cooper