Parent Representatives are valuable members of our School Community who help maintain excellent communication links between parents, school staff and governors.
Each class will have parents or carers who act as class representatives (Parent Reps). All Parent Reps are invited to Parent Focus Groups held in school each half-term. The aim of the Parent Focus Group is to provide a dialogue for discussing issues that affect the school community.
Parent Reps are often the social link for each class. With more parents working than ever before, this social link has proved invaluable in helping to sustain a thriving school community.
Some of the many ways Parent Reps help support the School Community
- Parent Reps help organise and attend our Second Hand Uniform Sales / Coffee Morning each term.
- Parent Reps liaise with their class parents before and following Parent Focus Groups.
- Parent Reps liaise with the Headteacher and a Governor at the Parent Focus Groups and may represent their class in follow up discussions as needed.
- Parent Reps co-ordinate Christmas / End of Year parties. (Help is given!)
- Parent Reps support the CSA by encouraging parents on to the Christmas and Summer Fair rotas. There are prizes available for the best dressed stall.
- The School Office Team will liaise with Parent Reps through the year should additional help be needed for a school trip / occasion.
- Ofsted inspectors / School Improvement Partners / Governors may wish to meet with Parent Reps when they visit the school.
Parent Reps are an essential part of our School Community and are highly valued by the Staff Team and Governors.
If you would like to know more about becoming a Parent Rep, please contact the School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org