Curriculum – Maths
The national curriculum for mathematics aims to ensure that all pupils:
- become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics, including through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately.
- reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, conjecturing relationships and generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language
- can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of routine and nonroutine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
- Mathematics programmes of study: key stages 1 and 2 (PDF)
- Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage (PDF)
- Maths Calculation Policy (PDF)
- Year 1 Programme of Study (PDF)
- Year 2 Programme of Study (PDF)
- The Year 1 Learner (PDF)
- The Year 2 Learner (PDF)
- Maths Masterclass for parents – Session 1 (PDF)
Follow our Twitter hashtag to have a look at some of our wonderful Maths at Cassiobury Infants: #CassInfMaths